22/02/2012

Persone croccanti
Not sure if English people have such an expression as "una persona croccante", literally meaning " a crunchy (or crispy) person". Italians, or at least people in Emilia Romagna, do use it to talk of someone who is not necessarily young of age, but definitely of heart, active and passionate. I love this expression and surely will use it more in the future.
I've just come back from one of my foodie weekends with Francesco feeling so fulfilled by the generosity of people, their fantastic produce and the pride they put in what they do.
Being myself a (young) lady from the North, or as Fra would say a "savoiarda", I admit a lack of spontaneous passion by many from my region, Piemonte. Instead, every time I visit Bologna and Emilia Romagna I realize they have a completely different DNA, and for the best.
This is the picture of the loveliest group of Sfogline (traditionally the women who make fresh pasta). Having spent hardly 2 days with them making pasta, chatting non stop about tradition, chefs and recipes, and eventually enjoying the flavours and texture of the pasta during a delicious dinner at Monica's place, I now have very little words left and will leave it to these pics to say it all.

Daniela, Monica, their mom, and Rosa




Once again I visited my favourite restaurant in the area, of which I wrote twice last year. Once again Amerigo has not disappointed any of my guests. No need to say more...beside the fact that no, the below is not all I had by myself.
Roasted Calzagatti wrapped in lard, Giardiniera salad, Parmesan Cheese ice cream on a warm tigella bread and balsamic

Passatelli with sausage "mezzamatta" and crispy savoy cabbage

Caramelle with pumpkin and shaves of Parmesan Cheese

Tortelloni with Modena ham and cream of Parmesan Cheese

Baccala' (cod) Bologna style

Eggs new and old style with 2 winter truffles
Lambrusco wine sorbet

Mandarin sorbet and Crema come una volta

1 comment:

  1. I would say sabauda rather than savoiarda... my crispy young lady. Hope you will post Monica's menu pics soon...
    bye bye
    Il fra

    ReplyDelete